Saturday, December 29, 2007

December 29 2007- a great day

On December 29 2007 we received a new addition to our little family- Bridger Brigham Davies! He was 9 lbs, 5 oz and 21 inches long. So the story goes...

3:30 a.m. I awake to some light cramping about 8 minutes apart. My first reaction is anger- this baby is ruining our holiday birthday streak. How can he manage to avoid 8 days of hanaukkuh, kawanza, christmas eve, christmas, new years eve and new years day?

4:05 we arrive at the hospital and it seems to take forever to get us checked in. When they check me I'm 9 cm dialated. They call the on-call doctor to come to the hospital while I try my best to hold the baby in.

4:45-4:50 the doctor finally arrives. He breaks my water and I push once or twice (resulting in a nice little shower of amniotic fluid for the doc) and we have a boy! He favored us with yet more bodily fluids of urine right away.

Bridger was an adorable chubby little guy with fat cheeks and peach fuzz shoulders. We were able to keep him for about an hour before the nurses took him to weigh and measure. I loved the way he looked at me for the first time and I knew that he knew me and recognized my voice and scent.

No comments:

cutest blog on the block