Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Surgery Update

I had a pre-surgery appointment today, and asked lots of questions. My defect is 1.9 cm, about 3/4 of an inch. It's considered large, but that's not the reason surgery is necessary. It has no border, so if they were to use a device closure (scope), the device would fail. At that point surgery would be necessary, and it becomes a higher risk.

I've done some research online. The doctor is experienced, and I've only read good things about him.  I've read some medical journals that backs up what he said about the border problem. Brigham actually grew up with Dr. Thorne's nurse, and she promises I'm in good hands.

The surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, November 29.

I feel good about this, it's the right decision, but I'm scared. Prayers are appreciated and needed.

3 comments:

Leslie Davies said...

Sending you lots of prayers! We love you April!!

Nate and Robin said...

We are praying for you! We love you! Don't fear, you are in God's hands and his WILL will be done. We will pray that you and your family will have peace during this time. With God all things are possible. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you.

Clyde

cutest blog on the block