Wednesday, June 11, 2008

oops!







March 22 is the pathetic date of my last blog. Oops. Lets start with Bridger. On May 30, Brigham's birthday Bridger had his first food- rice. (Check back later for pictures) He needed no teaching or practice to learn how to eat. He loved it. About a week ago he tried mashed bananas but doesn't seem to like them much.

Every time I brag about how well he's sleeping he has a horrible night. So I won't. But you get the idea.

We are trying a reward system for Natalynn where she earns tickets and redeems them for prizes. It is going very well but more importantly it teaches Mom how to look for the positive and show her how proud I am of her. She went to her cousin's house for a while today and we heard that she was very good at sharing! It's so great to see progress and feel like you're a half-decent parent part of the time.

Yesterday at my doctor's office we were waiting in the lobby for 15 minutes or so. She was quite the chatter box. She greeted the front desk women, then we were called back 30 seconds later and said "Hi" again but with more detail this time- "I have a poopy diaper." As if the whole office needed to know. She was as patient as she could be with an irritating mess in her pants but soon resorted to lying on the floor, spinning in circles and calling out "Change my diaper, I'm poopy!..." Wow, I think my face was bright red, but what can you do when they don't even have a changing table?

Bridger is still a smiley, laughter loving cutie pie. He is a love magnet! He is great at rolling but is usually a bit lazy about it unless he really wants to reach that cool toy. He's trying to sit. He has a great vocabulary of roars and grunts, and both girly and manly giggles. The thing I love lately are the sounds he makes just before falling to sleep. He has a high little "ahhh" and is then out like a light.

Oh yes, last thing is how much Natalynn loves bedtime (can you believe it?). This is due to one little treasure: "The Mouse About the House" The only time she gets to read this book is just before bedtime and sometime she even wants to skip dinner to go read it.

1 comment:

Leah said...

This is so fun to read. I love blogs. I never would have known some of this stuff without reading it here. I am glad to get to know little Natalynn better in nursery. AND YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I AM IN LOVE WITH BRIDGER!!!!!

cutest blog on the block